CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Host


I bought Stephenie Meyer's new book "The Host" on Friday and somehow managed to keep from reading it until Saturday night. I started at 8pm and read straight through until 5am. I slept for 5 hours, went to church, and then headed straight back to my book from 3 until 7 that night. Yeesh! But I finished it!! I can't say for sure if it's better than the "Twilight" series or not because I had a similar reaction with all three of those books as well, but I can definitely recommend it! It's clean, suspenseful, and complex--three of my favorite things. It's also romantic, comedic, and thought-provoking. It's not terribly intellectually stimulating, but it is entertaining. (those two things are nearly impossible to find in a single book anyways) So, as is probably obvious, I am dying to talk about it with someone and not have to worry about spoiling it! Everyone go out and read it and let me know what you think!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Yay, I'm so glad you have a blog! I love all the pics of you guys! You are too cute!

Rudi said...

I'll read this book someday. For this semester I have to get through 3 books, all about crime/gangs/juvenile delinquency. The last one I read was titled "Monster", an autobiography of an LA Gang Member. It was so depressing and so hard to get through!

Krista said...

i started it on saturday...and i still haven't finished it! i have been swamped with girls camp stuff...less than a month away and a ton to do!!...not to mention my 2munchkins who demand all day!! Ü
i'm LOVING it!! hopefully I can finish it in the next couple of days...

The Goodrich's said...

Did I know you had a blog? I don't know... LOVE IT!