CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

a new craigslist addict

I can't believe how much time I let go by without posting, but I'm back now. Life has finally settled down a little. Jason returned from COT (his officer's training camp in Alabama) and has begun orientation at the base in Maryland. I'm slowly piecing together our apartment. I really love it, but I'll love it a whole lot more once our furniture arrives tomorrow! We spent all of last week browsing furniture stores and finally splurged on a couple of couches, a bedroom set, a kitchen table, a coffee table and some end tables. I know that if I'd been more patient I could have gotten a much better deal through craigslist, but I just couldn't stand sitting on the floor and eating off of unpacked boxes another day!

Here are a couple of things I found on craigslist last week though that I bought and love.

These chairs need to be painted and recovered, but the detail on the back (and the awesome deal I got!) made them totally worth the long drive to pick them up.



This shelf is the perfect place to store all these dishes I just can't find a place for in my teeny tiny new kitchen. And it was a coincidence that the red on the shelf matches the dishes. I'm so excited about it.

4 comments:

Rudi said...

Love that shelf! I really need to hit up craiglist... I have lots of reasons to reorganize/redecorate this year :)

Evelyn said...

Ooo! Fun finds!

The Fishers said...

great finds! I love craigslist and freecycle :)

hilaryawb said...

How cute! We are so glad that you are liking things there and getting settled in. We think about you guys all the time!