(A sunset Jason and I spied on the interstate a few nights ago)
One of the uh...perks? about living in the city is the traffic. Jason and I have been spending so much time lately in the stop and go flow that we've come to really appreciate all the creative names for towns, streets, rivers, and exits around here. We were so used to Provo's grid system: North, South, East, West, Center, Main, University, etc... that every street name fascinates us. Here's a list of our new favorites:
Backlick Rd. (Doesn't that conjure up a pleasant image?)
Youghigheny River
Occoquan Rd
Ipswich street
Father Hurley Blvd.
Opossumtown Pike
Pooks Hill Lane(which we affectionately call "Poops Hill")
Hagerstown (you can't say this one properly unless you fake a southern accent and say "Edgar" instead of "Hager")
The most hilarious part of our drives is our poor GPS's (or Nancy as we affectionately call her) struggle to pronounce the street names. We selected the British female accent for her voice and we laugh with hystaria everytime she says "recalculating" which sounds like "re-calc-ca-catating."
Who knew traffic could be so fun?
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Traffic
Posted by Jess at 7:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Isn't it fun living in a place with cool street names? Escanaba was lame too, with just numbers. Some of my favorite street names here:
Lovers Lane
Lois Lane
Yellow Brick Road
yeah, I can't say I miss the traffic since leaving DC.
haha I HATE the traffic here! I'm glad you look on the bright side of things.
Everyone says your house is really cute. I want to come see it! I like to decorate too, but am definitely a novice. :) I could use any tips I could get!
-Caitlin
Jess, I know. I actually haven't been sick in a while so this wasn't as bad. Jordan has been invited to 5 interviews and attended 4 so far. We find out on Dec. 1st from all schools if he has been accepted. We are looking at North Carolina, Ohio, Virginia, and Nebraska. We'll let you know as soon as we figure it out! How are you guys doing?
I had no idea you had a blog!! I am so excited!! Now we can be blog buddies.
Post a Comment